Saturday, August 27, 2011

simple baby booties



materials > 2 skein or yarn (70meters) any kind and color of yarn.
hook size G-6 4.00mm ( for 3-6 months)
E-4 3.50mm ( for 0-3 months)
2 small buttons
yarn needle

Rnd 1: ch11, hdc in 3rd ch from hook,
hdc in next 7 chs, 6 hdc in last ch, Work on opposite side,
hdc in next 7 chs, 5 hdc in last ch, join with sl st in 1st hdc

Rnd 2:ch1, hdc in next 8 chs, 2 hdc in ea of next 5 sts,
hdc in next 8 chs, 2 hdc in ea of next 5 sts. join with a sl st
in 1st hdc

Rnd 3: ch1, hdc in next 8 chs,
(2hdc in next st, 1 hdc in next st,) 5 times,
hdc in next 8 chs, (2hdc in next st, 1 hdc in next st,) 5 times,
join with a sl st in 1st hdc.

rnd 4: ch 1 hdc in each sts across, Join

rnd 5: ch1 hdc in next 8 sts, (dc2tog in next 2 sts)7 times
hdc in next sts across,join with a sl st in 1st hdc.

rnd 6: ch1 hdc in next 6 sts, (dc2tog in next 2 sts) 6 times,
hdc in next sts across. join with a sl st in 1st hdc.

rnd 7: ch1, sc in each sts across, join with a sl st in 1st sc.
fasten off.

STRAP

row 1: attach the yarn to the left side of the bootie, ch2,
hdc in next 3 sts, ch1, turn,

row 2-6: hdc in each sts. ch1, turn.

row 7: hdc in first st, ch2, hdc in last st, Fasten off.

sew the small button to the other side of the left bootie.

for the right bootie

row 1: attach the yarn to the right side of the bootie, ch2,
hdc in next 3 sts, ch1, turn,

row 2-6: hdc in each sts. ch1, turn.

row 7: hdc in first st, ch2, hdc in last st, Fasten off.

sew the small button to the other side of the right bootie.

18 comments:

  1. wow... what a beautifull pattern... very beautifull!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo, my name is Daniela and I started crocheting 2 years ago. I very like crochet and I found your blog very nice!!!
    Thank you for your patterns!
    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your pattern, it's so sweet and very quick to crochet! I've just made a pair for a colleague's baby and can't wait to see her reaction! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. happen to have a modification for adutl size, also i did the smallaer pattern with the E hook, and it looks alot bigger than what i think would fit a 0 - 3 months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is cute booties...I like it, thanks for share the pattern

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was able to modify it for an adult by doubling the starting chain and going around a few more times. I made a matching Mommy and Baby set for my second cousin's baby shower, she absolutely loved them!!!! :) Wonderful pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi. I think the heel should be narrower.
    And in 4 row I take the back loop of each stitch. It looks better.
    Thank you for the pattern. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the pattern its very easy to understand. I made minute change..I used 4mm hook for the first two rounds and then change over to 3.5mm needle to suit a 0-3 baby size. If made using 3.55mm from start to finish the shoe turnout to be too small.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank You for sharing this pattern. Very easy to follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your patterns, very easy to understand, and I sure need that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pattern! However, after crocheting one shoe, I'd definitely say that a 3.5mm will yield a MUCH larger shoe than will fit a 0-3 month baby. It's roughly the same size as a toddler size 4 shoe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what weight yarn have you used ? love look of these

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for this pattern, it worked great:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your pattern and it has been a while since I made anything with crochet I mainly make handmade quilts but I have a new Great Granddaughter on the way and I would like to make some booties to go with the quilt I understand your pattern except one thing what is tog?

    ReplyDelete